(Re)Learn how to shoot and run your handgun accurately. One day course, 10 hours.
In Switzerland or elsewhere.
This one-day course is designed to prepare you to handle, maintain and engage your weapon in the context of self-defense by strictly applying safety rules.
Handgun Fundamentals provides a solid foundation for all weapons users in safety education & handling and then progresses to combat techniques themselves or to the learning of other weapons.
- The four safety rules
- The weapon’s presentation
- The five attitudes.
- The five fundamental principles of shooting
- The 7 steps of shooting’s chronology
- The three kinds of fire.
- The 3 elementary manipulations
- The 2 reloads
- The exit from shooting incidents.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU?
A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must.
Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Single stack drivers should have double.
Students provide their own ammo: 300 rounds handgun ammo minimum.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT - PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL BE ABLE TO ARRANGE A COMPLEMENTARY SERVICE FOR YOU.
- Proper belt to support equipment
- A handgun’s holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Tools that work on your weapon
- Weapons lube
- Ear Protection (electronic are preferred)
- Eye protection (Shooting goggles)
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate (NO CAMO!!)
- Rain gear / cold-weather gear (seasonal)
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Meal + enough drinks to sustain the day
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind